NIFRS Learning and Development Centre. Cookstown, Northern Ireland.
Flood Water Training Facility.
This facility has been developed as an affordable yet highly functional training venue.
Improvements have been made and lessons learnt from other venues to provide the very best training experience.
- 100m of Class III rapids.
- Lower lake with terraced areas for wading props and also ice training.
- Variable lake level adjustment.
- Clean water system with filtration plant.
- Channel side property with lower floodable debris room.
- Extraction points (window openings) at various differing levels.
- Bridge and narrow point for generation of Low Head dam / weir feature.
- Multiple and varied anchor points throughout the channel.
- Variable flow down the channel with 3 pump system.
- Side and level ground entry into channel with vehicle or other objects in water with plate mounting system to Unistrut in channel floor for multiple positioning points.
- Main pump inlet area set up to mimic culvert / entrapment against grills.
- Open classroom arrangement for shelter from weather.
- High Volume Pump drill and training area.
- Features RapidBlocs whitewater obstacle system.
Cost circa £4.5 million.