Pinkston Watersports Centre is one of the most exciting developments in paddlesport for many years. This centre is in the heart of the city of Glasgow, Scotland and provides urban recreational opportunities at affordable prices.
There are a number of innovations included within this low cost operational model:
- A modular container system housing multiple resident clubs, storage and operational facilities.
- Central changing hub within an economic modular pre fabricated building.
- Revolutionary flat pack whitewater course with multiple channels and side gate access providing superb slalom and whitewater canoeing / kayaking, Freestyle features, surf waves and Swiftwater Rescue Training for both the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and private trainers / providers.
- Clean water basin utilised by flatwater kayaking, canoe polo and open water swimming/triathlon training.
- All linked together by fabric canopy and water side decking.
EPD complete the design of the centre and undertook the design and construction of the whitewater channel through Rapid Water Courses Limited. The RapidBlocs whitewater system was also utilised.
The centre continues to be highly successful and won the “Living Waterways Award for Recreation and Tourism” in 2015.
Scheme overall including silt remediation and archaeological investigations – £3.25 Million.
Main whitewater channel by Rapid Water Courses : £1 Million.